Teletherapy, or video counseling, is becoming more popular, and research indicates that it is comparable to traditional counseling in an office! Teletherapy requires little to no technical or computing experience, and most find the software I use very user-friendly.
How Does It Work?
Step One: Schedule an appointment for my video office using the online and secure practice portal or by calling 904.701.4662
Step Two: Check your email and review/complete the initial paperwork through the practice portal.
Step Three: A few minutes before your appointment, click the unique link embedded in your appointment reminder to join me for your session.
Do I Need Any Special Software or Equipment?
You may participate in Teletherapy sessions from your home using any of the following devices:
- Desktop Computer with a webcam and speakers
- Laptop Computer with a webcam and speakers
- Tablet with a built-in webcam and speakers
- Smartphone with the FREE Telehealth by Simple Practice app installed – available for IOS or Android
What Are the Benefits of Teletherapy?
The benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Physical Distancing. Reduce exposure to viral infections.
- Reduced Cost. Eliminate the costs associated with travel and gas.
- Greater Access. Limited mobility, access to transportation, and distance are not barriers.
- More Convenient. Avoid waiting rooms, traffic congestion, and stress on the roadways.
- Less Hassle. No need to make childcare, work, or other arrangements to attend appointments.
- Greater Flexibility. Attend appointments when out of town or after relocating.
- Same Quality of Care. Research has shown little difference in effectiveness between Telehealth appointments and face-to-face office visits.
- Fewer Limitations. Attend sessions during poor weather conditions, national emergencies preventing travel, or when ill.
- Psychological Comfort. Experience counseling from the comfort of your home.
How Safe and Secure Is It?
For video sessions, I utilize Telehealth by Simple Practice. This HIPPA-compliant and secure video-conferencing application works on most computers and mobile devices connected to the internet.
Simple Practice is required to follow all of HIPAA’s privacy and security regulations and use encryption, so you can rest assured that any information transmitted electronically is well protected.
Additionally, I have received intensive in-person and online training from the Telehealth Certification Institute.
If you are wondering whether or not teletherapy is right for you, I invite you to contact me today to schedule a free phone consultation. Or, if you are ready to begin counseling now, click the icon below to schedule your first appointment!